Antietam Broadband and Maryland Food Bank Join Forces
More than 47,000 individuals in the Western Branch service area are food-insecure. Of those struggling with hunger, More than 20,000 are children.
How you can help:
- Donate canned food items to any Antietam Broadband employee.
- Drop off non-perishable food at the Antietam lobby, 1000 Willow Circle, Hagerstown.
- Save money when adding or upgrading a service! Receive special discounts on installation in exchange for a donation of 5 or more canned food items. (Up to a $99 value!) Ask a customer service representative for details.
- Make an online cash donation directly to the Maryland Food Bank.
Suggested/most needed food items include:
- Canned Proteins - tuna, salmon, chicken, peanut butter, beans
- Pasta and Rice - brown and white rice, macaroni and cheese, pasta
- Canned Vegetables - low sodium, no salt added
- Fruits and Juices - in light syrup or its own juices, fruit cocktail, apple sauce, juice boxes
- Breakfast - cereal, oatmeal, quick oats, granola/cereal bars
- Soups and Stews - low sodium, beef stew, chili, chicken noodle, vegetable, turkey and rice
- Dairy - shelf-stable milk, evaporated milk, infant formula
ANTIETAM BROADBAND AND MARYLAND FOOD BANK JOIN FORCES
Annual Holiday Campaign supports Families in Western Maryland
October 21, 2019 - Hagerstown, MD. For the eighth consecutive year, Antietam Broadband is partnering with the Maryland Food Bank - Western Branch - to provide food to families in need in Western MD. Antietam will donate over $12,000 in advertising and other services through November.
“Antietam Broadband’s employees and customers have been dedicated to this food drive for many years. Working together over the years, we have donated more than 14,000 pounds of food to help the residents in Western Maryland who are struggling with hunger,” said Brian Lynch, President, Antietam Broadband. “We have made a difference, but there is still more work to be done. There are 43,500 people in our area who are food insecure. Of those, nearly half are children.”
As part of the effort, Antietam will offer free and discounted installation of services to new and existing customers in exchange for food donations at the time of the installation.
Residents can also:
- Drop off non-perishable food to the Antietam lobby, 1000 Willow Circle, Hagerstown, MD.
- Make cash donations directly to the Maryland Food Bank via a link on www.antietambroadband.com or www.mdfoodbank.org/donate
Additionally, the company will encourage donations from employees by offering “jeans days” every Thursday during the food drive in exchange for non-perishable food items.
“We would like to thank our customers and employees for their support of the Maryland Food Bank during this campaign and throughout the year.” added Lynch.
“We greatly appreciate our customers and employees continued support of the Maryland Food Bank during this campaign and throughout the year.” added Lynch.
About the Maryland Food Bank
The Maryland Food Bank is a nonprofit hunger-relief organization, leading the movement to end hunger throughout Maryland. For nearly 40 years, the Maryland Food Bank has partnered with communities across the state to distribute food to individuals and families in need. Through carefully-crafted programs, the food bank aims to meet the immediate needs of Marylanders while simultaneously working to find long term ways to reduce hunger statewide. Currently distributing more than 102,000 meals per day - nearly 37 million meals annually - the Maryland Food Bank will continue to expand its efforts until hunger ends. To learn more about the Maryland Food Bank, visit www.mdfoodbank.org.
About Antietam Broadband
Antietam Broadband was founded in 1966 and was purchased by Schurz Communications, Inc. in 1968. It is a full-service telecommunications company offering a complete range of residential and business-class technology solutions including digital television, high-speed Internet and digital phone services in Washington County, MD. Antietam introduced Flight Gigabit Internet service in 2016 and made Hagerstown the 75th gigabit city in the USA. The company is focused on enhancing the lives of its customers by providing the latest telecommunication services and maintaining the highest standards of excellence in customer care and world class technical service.