Assisting the Community during COVID-19
Antietam Broadband has taken steps to limit the spread of the COVID-19 virus. In addition, with school closings and more people working remotely, Antietam will take a variety of steps to make our broadband Internet more accessible to local residents during this crisis.
- Low-income families, who live in Antietam Broadband’s service area, with a student attending Washington County Public Schools or Hagerstown Community College can sign up for the Antietam Edu-Net Program and get discounted broadband Internet to enable remote learning, because every student deserves the chance to succeed. Learn more here.
- Antietam has permanently suspend fees for exceeding data caps.
- Antietam has opened access to its 120 Community WiFi Hotspots throughout Washington
County for all residents. To locate the nearest hotspot, download the free Antietam WiFi Finder
App from Google Play and Apple App Store, or consult the map on our website here.
- Antietam has temporarily waive late fees and suspend disconnections of service due to failure to pay one broadband Internet and phone services.
- To accommodate additional customer needs, Antietam has added more technicians and increased its capacity to perform service installations.
Antietam Broadband is focused on supporting our community as we all take steps to limit the spread of the COVID-19 virus. We want to help our customers have access to the latest information regarding the virus and stay connected to their families, friends, schools and places of work. Protecting the health of our customers, employees, and community is our utmost priority.
Steps to Help Limit the Spread of Illness
With the increase in the number of coronavirus cases, we want to ensure you we are taking steps to protect our employees and customers. We continue to monitor closely the emergence of the SARS-CoV-2 virus and the disease it causes, named "coronavirus disease 2019" (COVID-19). At this time, no one knows how severe this outbreak will be. Given this uncertainty, and the fact that the seasonal influenza (flu) virus is also widespread, we are taking proactive steps to limit the spread of illness.
- To accommodate additional customer needs, technicians have been reassigned in order to increase capacity to perform maintenance and service installations for high speed internet and phone:
- Installation of video services have been temporarily suspended.
- Sales of video services, to reduce the installation time in homes for our technicians and installers, have been temporarily suspended.
- The Lobby is temporarily closed until January 31, 2021.
- The drive-thru window will remain open. M-F from 9am -5:30pm and Sat 9am – noon.
- Payments can be made via the drop box located outside our office, drive-thru window, online, automated phone payment (select option 3 when calling), or mail to: Antietam Broadband P.O Box 64887, Baltimore, Maryland 21264-4887.
- If you have questions or require assistance with equipment exchanges, contact 301-797-5000 or via the Live Chat feature in the lower right corner of this website.
- Out of an abundance of caution Antietam will require all technicians to regularly check their temperature at the start of every shift. An elevated temperature will trigger the COVID-19 precautions, which include isolation.
- Antietam will pre-call a household before a service call to ensure there is no sickness in the home and the service call is required. Whenever possible, Antietam will limit customer facing activity to restore service, installation and upgrades.
All staff have been provided with:
- Hand Sanitizer
- Clorox Disinfecting Wipes
- Disinfecting wipes for electronic devices (Mobile Phone, Lap tops)
- Disposable Rubber Gloves
- Disposable Boot Covers
- Face masks (surgical style masks)
We are following CDC recommendations such as requiring employees to:
- call center and administration teams work from home, field teams start from home rather than needing to come to the office each morning/evening.
- stay at home if they are experiencing respiratory symptoms,
- wash hands frequently with soap and water and make use of alcohol-based sanitizers,
- disinfect frequently touched surfaces such as telephones, keyboards and tools.
In addition, you may notice employees such as installers, in-home repair technicians, and front lobby personnel wearing gloves and/or masks as they perform their day-to-day activities. In addition, service technicians who enter homes are also equipped with disposable boots covers.
We will continue to closely monitor the situation. Protecting the health of our customers, employees, visitors to our facility, and others is our utmost priority. Together, we can limit the risk of spreading illness in the workplace and community
The Antietam Broadband Team